Play-Fi Wireless Audio Standard Gains Momentum
Play-Fi is an app-based open standard that enables music to be played from a smartphone, tablet, or PC wirelessly over an existing home WiFi network to Play-Fi connected speakers throughout the home.
According to DTS, Play-Fi benefits include:
- Multi-room listening – Connect multiple Play-Fi-compatible audio systems to stream music in multiple rooms.
- Multi-zone listening – Create multiple zones and stream different music to different rooms from the same device.
- Multi-user listening – Every user in the home can simultaneously stream from different Play-Fi enabled smartphones, tablets or PCs.
- High-quality “lossless” audio with no lag from room to room.
- Whole-home coverage via Wi-Fi with no need for proprietary bridges or routers; Play-Fi also works over Ethernet, Powerline, and other IP-based networking systems.
- Unified control – Set-up, link, and control all speakers on the network from the same streamlined interfaces.
- Content variety – Access to “every music service on the planet” using Play-Fi drivers for Windows and Android; Play-Fi apps for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire provide access to more than 20,000 radio stations, podcasts, local music, media servers, and select cloud-based music services.
Visit playfiaudio.com for more information.