- Chapter 3, 0:15:55
- Dynamic range, frequency response, surround envelopment
- As the freight train approaches the station, the young filmmakers race to get ready for their scene. As it gets closer, you'll start to feel the vibration of the track, and when it passes by, you can hear it move through the soundstage. Finally, at the 00:17:20 mark, get ready for the demo scene of the year when the old pickup plays chicken with the trainand loses.
- Chapter 6, 00:35:21
- Dynamic range, lens flare
- Abrams loves lens flare, and here's one of the many scenes that shows off this cinematic technique.
- When the Sheriff meets our mystery visitor from outer space, listen to how silent the noise floor is right before the extraterrestrial unleashes its attack.
I Have A Bad Feeling About This
- Chapter 14, 01:20:01
- Surround envelopment, frequency response, dynamic range, imaging
- While the boys worry about their future, they have no idea what's in store for them when the alien attacks the military bus they're on. Feel the impact of its attack and listen to the bus as it screeches to a deadly stop. Strap yourself in at this point, because the fun is just about to begin!
Release Date: November 22, 2011