Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Adapting a video game into a feature film is a challenging task, but producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Mike Newell actually pull it off here. Sure, the story isn't very thought-provoking, but there's plenty of action and enough comic relief from Alfred Molina to entertain the family for a couple of hours. The demo-worthy DTS-HD MA soundtrack features everything you'd want from an action movieimpressive dynamics, ample bass, and 360-degree envelopment.
Attack on Alamut
- Chapter 3, 00:08:52
- Dynamic range, surround envelopment, imaging
- As Dastan (Jake Gyllenhaal) prepares his men to sneak into Alamut, listen to the sounds of the raging battle on the left side of the soundstage. As they make their plans, listen to the crystal-clear dialog between the men, and when the crossbows start to fire, the superb dynamics and imaging are on display.
- Chapter 6, 00:30:28
- Surround envelopment
- When Dastan activates the magical dagger for the first time, listen to the crackling of the flames and the distant scream of Tamina (Gemma Arterton). As time flows backward, the room comes alive with atmospheric effects.
- Chapter 12, 01:02:20
- Frequency response, surround envelopment
- As the sandstorm approaches our heroes, listen to the rumbling thunder, the crackle of lightning, and how the windswept sand flies through the room.
Release Date: September 14, 2010