Harman Introduces New Infinity Reference Series Speakers
The series includes:
- R152 two-way bookshelf with a 5.25-inch woofer ($400/pr)
- R162 two-way bookshelf with a 6.25-inch woofer ($500/pr)
- R253 three-way tower with two 5.25-inch drivers ($900/pr)
- R263 three-way tower with two 6.5" drivers ($1,100/pr)
- RC252 two-and-a-half-way center-channel with dual 5.25-inch drivers ($350)
- RC263 three-way center-channel with dual 6.5-inch drivers ($500)
- RS152 two-way on-wall surround speaker with a 5.25-inch woofer ($500/pr)
- SUB R10 powered subwoofer with a 200-watt amplifier and 10-inch driver ($500)
- SUB R12 powered subwoofer with a 300-watt amplifier and 12-inch driver ($600)
The wall-mountable RS152 surround-channel speaker is described as ideally suited for multichannel music or movie soundtracks due to its patented Hemispherical Soundfield Technology (HST), which uses a combination of driver positioning and waveguide pattern control to deliver “balanced coverage across a 180-degree hemispherical listening area.”
Both subwoofers mate a fiber-composite driver to a high-power digital amplifier in a heavily braced 0.75-inch-thick cabinet. Other highlights include a variable crossover plus phase and LF trim controls for fine-tuning bass performance.
All models are designed and engineered in Harman’s world-class speaker testing facility in Northridge, CA.