- All Flat Panels
- LED TV
- LCD TV
- Plasma TV
- 4K ULTRA HD TV
- OLED TV
- All Projectors
- 3D Projectors
Speakers HT Systems
- TOP PICKS
- HOW TO
How To Buy How To Use Tech 101
CEATEC is an interesting show. The portion that deals with the stuff we cover is rather small. The rest of the show tends to be manufacturers that make the parts of the stuff we cover. I’ll take some pictures of those bits tomorrow.
Today was more of a whirlwind tour of as many booths as I could. If you don’t care about the details, I pulled out the highlights as separate posts, and you’ve already past them.
There are a few things that make CEATEC unlike most trade shows:
1) It’s not a trade show. For about $10 (plus airfare, hotel, and rental car) you can get in.
2) Don’t expect to see Samsung, LG, or Philips.
3) For some reason, the aisles don’t have carpets.
4) For some reason, there is no air conditioning.
5) We’re wearing suits, now read #4 again.
6) You may be amazed to find out, nearly everything is in Japanese.
7) I don’t speak Japanese.
8) #6+#7 make presentations hard, but amusing for all involved.
9) SED still looks great.
10) Believe it or not, plasma will give it a run for its money.