Cars 2 3D
I've pretty much loved everything Pixar has released, but I have to admit that Cars was my least favorite of its movies. Maybe it's because I'm not a grease monkey or a NASCAR fan, but I never really connected with the story. After hearing the negative reviews of Cars 2, I didn't exactly have high hopes for this one. While it isn't a great movie, I did find myself entertained, and the spectacular 3D visuals certainly helped. Furthermore, the DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack features everything you want from a Pixar titlegreat sound design, plenty of dynamic range, and a plethora of discrete effects.
- Chapter 6, 0:18:41
- 3D depth, color saturation
- Check out the 3D depth in the overhead shot of Tokyo. Also, relish the neon lights that make the city glow with life.
- Chapter 10, 00:30:31
- 3D depth, detail
- Here's another fabulous scene that shows off the intricate detail of the animation. Look at the ripples on the water and how they reflect the lights from the dilapidated building, then take a gander at the tattered roof, and finally, notice how the crane adds to the 3D depth of the scene.
- Chapter 22, 00:59:28
- Imaging, surround envelopment, detail
- Listen to the sound of the train as it races through the tunnel. When it finally emerges into the daylight, check out the exquisite detail of the Porto Corso and its oceanfront views.
Check out the trailer:
Release Date: November 1, 2011
3D Effect: 10/10