3D or Not 3D?
As I watched demo after demo of 3D at CES this year, I kept wondering if 3D is something that consumers really want or if it's being pushed on them by the studios and manufacturers in their quest to sell more products. So I decided to conduct a purely unscientific survey here on UAV. To participate, all you have to do is post a comment on this blog with your responses to any of the following questions, especially the first one:
1. Do you want 3D capabilities in your home theater? If so, why? If not, why not?
The rest of the questions are for those who want 3D in their home theater.
2. What type of content do you most want to watch in 3D? Blu-ray movies? Sports? TV shows? Games?
3. How recently did you purchase your current home-theater equipment? How soon are you be willing to buy a new 3D-capable display and Blu-ray player?
4. How much of a premium are you willing to pay for a 3D setup? 10 percent more than a comparable 2D system? 20 percent? 50 percent?
5. How much of a premium are you willing to pay for 3D discs and subscription-based programming?
6. How much are you willing to pay for extra glasses beyond what comes with the display and/or Blu-ray player? $10 each? $20? $50? $100?
I look forward to reading your responses!